Kurkuri Bhindi is a very popular dish in the Indian subcontinent. It is usually served as an appetizer or a side dish. The dish has evolved over the years and now it has many variations in its preparation.
The crispy okra can be deep fried, pan fried or stir fried. It can also be cooked with different spices like cumin, garlic, ginger, coriander powder and garam masala.
Kurkuri Bhindi should be served immediately as it does not stay crispy for long periods of time.
Kurkuri Bhindi (Crispy Okra) Recipe
Ingredients for Kurkuri Bhindi (Crispy Okra)
- 250 g Bhindi (Okra) cut lengthwise into 3 to 4 pieces
- 1/4 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 1/2 tbsp Besan Flour
- 3/4 tsp Ginger julienned
- 1 Green Chillies sliced
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4 tsp Amchur (Dried Mango Powder)
- as per taste Salt
- for frying Oil
How to make Kurkuri Bhindi (Crispy Okra)
- Sprinkle salt, red chilli, garam masala, amchur and chaat masala powders on the bhindi pieces.
- Mix gently.
- Add besan and mix to coat evenly.
- Heat oil in a pan over moderate flame till smoking.
- Fry the bhindi's, ensuring they do not stick to each other, till crisp and brown.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Garnish with ginger and green chillies.
- Serve hot.