A simple and delicious anytime snack. Lady’s finger (or Bhindi/Okra) are dipped in a besan batter and deep fried until crispy.
Bhindi (Okra) – 250 gms, cut lengthwise into 3 to 4 pieces
Chaat Masala – 1/4 tsp
Besan Flour – 1 1/2 tblsp
Ginger – 3/4 tsp, julienned
Green Chillies – 1, sliced
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Amchur (Dried Mango Powder) – 1/4 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying
1. Sprinkle salt, red chilli, garam masala, amchur and chaat masala powders on the bhindi pieces.
2. Mix gently.
3. Add besan and mix to coat evenly.
4. Heat oil in a pan over moderate flame till smoking.
5. Fry the bhindi’s, ensuring they do not stick to each other, till crisp and brown.
6. Remove and drain excess oil.
7. Garnish with ginger and green chillies.
8. Serve hot.
image via projectindiancooking