4 cups mixed vegetables cut into small pieces (French beans, raw banana, yellow and white pumpkins, snakegourd)
1 cup fresh coconut scraped
2 stalks curry leaves
1/2 cup Bengal gram (channa dal) soaked overnight
6 whole red chillies
1 tsp. each urad dal and Bengal gram (channa dal)
2 tsp. rice
2 tsp. sesame seeds
1/2 tsp.mustard seeds
2 tsp. coriander seed powder
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
2-3 pinches asafoetida
2 long pieces tamarind
1/4 cup jaggery
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
1. Heat a little oil in heavy pan, add chillies, rice, sesame, both dry dals, coconut.
2. Fry lightly, add coriander powder, turmeric, asafetida, grind to a paste.
3. Boil soaked gram till soft, drain
4. Save a cup of liquid, use to grind gram to a paste.
5. Boil veggies in enough water to become soft.
6. Add gram paste, masala paste, mix and simmer.
7. Take off fire.
8. Heat oil, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, allow to splutter.
9. Add to veggie mixture.
10. Serve hot with rice, chappaties, etc.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !