Basmati Rice – 1 cup, soaked for 30 minutes, drained
Green Peas – 1 cup, shelled
Onion – 1, big, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 2, chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Cashew Nuts – 10
Ghee – 1 tblsp
Oil – 1 tblsp
Cloves – 2, small
Cardamom – 1
Cinnamon – 1
Water – 2 cups
Salt as per tast
1. Heat ghee in a pressure cooker over medium flame.
2. Fry the cashew nuts and keep aside.
3. Add oil to the cooker and fry the cinnamon, cardamom and cloves.
4. Add onions, green cillies, ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell disappears.
5. Add the basmati rice and stir well to mix.
6. Pour 2 cups of water.
7. Add the green peas and salt.
10. Mix well.
11. Pressure cook until 2 whistles.
12. Remove and wait for the pressure to drop.
13. Open the lid and garnish with the fried cashew nuts.
Its too good and nice. tried and got the good response from the family
i am newly married and i am learning to cook , this recipe seems to be easy and handy for me. I will definatly try this out in this Bengali New year. I am from Kolkata westbengal