Peas Pulao is a simple yet delightful dish that brings together the richness of basmati rice, the freshness of green peas, and the warmth of aromatic spices. This recipe promises both flavour and convenience, perfect for a quick meal or to complement a festive spread.
About the Recipe
Dive into the world of Peas Pulao, where every grain of basmati rice is infused with the essence of green peas and aromatic spices. This one-pot wonder is a time-saver and a flavour-packed addition to your repertoire.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Fall in love with Peas Pulao for its simplicity and the explosion of flavours in every bite. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner, this dish is a surefire way to win hearts at the dining table.
Ensure perfection by frying cashew nuts separately before adding them as a garnish. The aroma of these golden nuggets enhances the overall experience of the Peas Pulao, adding a delightful crunch.
Serving and Storing Suggestions:
Serve Peas Pulao as a standalone dish or pair it with a raita or a side of yoghurt. Leftovers can be refrigerated and reheated, maintaining their deliciousness for a quick and satisfying meal.
Other Similar Recipes:
Explore our “Vegetable Biryani” or “Jeera Rice” for more aromatic rice-based dishes that perfectly complement Peas Pulao in a festive spread or weeknight dinner.
The combination of basmati rice and green peas provides a healthy dose of carbohydrates and proteins, making Peas Pulao a treat for your taste buds and a nutritious choice.
- 1 cup Basmati Rice (soaked for 30 minutes, drained)
- 1 cup Green Peas (shelled)
- 1 Onion (big, finely chopped)
- 2 Green Chillies (chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 10 Cashew Nuts
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 Cloves (small)
- 1 Cardamom
- 1 Cinnamon
- 2 cups Water
- Salt (As per taste)
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker over medium flame.
- Fry the cashew nuts and set aside.
- Add oil to the cooker and fry cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves.
- Add onions, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, and sauté until the raw smell disappears.
- Add basmati rice, stir well, and pour 2 cups of water.
- Add green peas and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Pressure cook until 2 whistles.
- Remove and wait for the pressure to drop.
- Open the lid, garnish with fried cashew nuts, and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use frozen peas instead of fresh ones?
Absolutely! Frozen peas work well in this recipe. Thaw them before adding them to ensure even cooking and a consistent texture in the Peas Pulao.
Can I substitute ghee with another cooking oil?
Certainly! While ghee adds a rich flavour, you can substitute it with any cooking oil you choose for a lighter version of Peas Pulao without compromising taste.
How can I enhance the fragrance of the dish?
For an extra aromatic touch, add a few strands of saffron soaked in warm milk and water. This elevates the fragrance and adds a subtle, luxurious note to the Peas Pulao.
Is it necessary to soak the basmati rice?
Can I add more vegetables to make it a mixed vegetable pulao?
Absolutely! Feel free to customize by adding diced carrots, beans, or bell peppers for a colourful and nutritious twist to your Peas Pulao.