Shrimps – 10 to 12, peeled, de-veined
Rice Vermicelli – 85 gms
Lime Juice – 2 1/2 tblsp
Brown Sugar – 2 1/2 tblsp
Thai Fish Sauce – 2 1/2 tblsp
Sesame Oil – 1/2 tsp
Olive Oil – 1/2 tblsp
Carrot – 1, cut into strips
Mango – 1, small, ripe, peeled, pitted, finely sliced
Spring Onions – 1, large or 2, small, finely sliced
Mint Leaves – 1/4 cup
Jalapeno – 1, small, red, sliced
Peanuts – 2 tblsp, roasted
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
1. Heat a large pan of water over medium flame.
2. Add 1/2 tsp of salt and bring to a boil.
3. Add the rice vermicelli and cook for 2 minutes or until al dente.
4. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
5. Drain again and transfer to a bowl.
6. Combine the brown sugar, thai fish sauce, lime juice and sesame oil in a bowl.
7. Pour half of this dressing over the vermicelli and mix well.
8. Keep the vermicelli in the fridge until required.
9. Heat a nonstick pan over medium flame.
10. Combine the olive oil with the shrimps and toss well.
11. Sprinkle salt and pepper powder.
12. Add the shrimps to the pan and cook until opaque or for 2 minutes each side.
13. Remove and keep aside.
14. Remove the vermicelli from the fridge and bring to room temperature.
15. Add the mango, carrots, half of the spring onions and mint leaves, jalapenos.
16. Add the remaining dressing and toss well.
17. Add the shrimps and mix.
18. Garnish with peanuts, remaining mint leaves and spring onions.
19. Serve at once.
image credit: foodnetwork.com