1 litre Milk
2 tbsp Rice, soaked in water for 2 hours
1/4 cup Sugar to to taste
1 tsp Cardamom powder
1/4 cup Almonds, blanced and sliced
1/2 Vetiver essence (kewra)
Almonds to garnish
1. Put the milk in a wide, heavy based pan and bring it to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; lower the heat, continue simmering for 40 to 50 minutes or until the milk thickens and reduces to three quarters. Keep stirring and scraping the sides of the pan to avoid scalding.
2. Drain the rice, grind it to make a smooth paste and add it to the milk along with the sugar; cook, stirring continously, until the milk becomes thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
3. Remove the pan from the stove, allow the milk to cool and then add the cardamom powder, almonds and kewra.
4. Put the almond rice pudding, badarm phirni into a serving bowl and chill in the refrigerator.
5. Garnish with almonds and serve.
Badam Phirni Recipe