For the Sauce
1 inch piece ginger, cut into thin strips
1 big garlic flake, cut into thin strips
2 green onions, finely sliced
12 red chillies, cut into small pieces
2 tbsp brandy
2 tsps sugar
1 tsp soya sauce
2 tsps vinegar
A dash of ajino motto
1 tsp cornflour mixed with Â¼ cup water
Salt to taste
1. Cut the prawns into halves lengthwise.
2. Mix together soya sauce, ajino motto, brandy, salt and pepper, sprinkle cornflour on top and set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Mix together eggs and flour, dip the prawn slices in the mixture and deep fry to a golden colour.
4. Mix together all the sauce ingredients and cook till thick.
5. Pour over the prawns and serve hot.