Serve as a starter to any occasion or as an evening snack.
Paneer – 500 gms
Potatoes – 2 to 3 cups, cooked, peeled, mashed
Maida – 6 tblsp
Green Chillies – 2 to 3, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Fenugreek leaves – handful, chopped
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 to 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Rusk Biscuits (or Breadcrumbs) – 1/2 cup, finely crumbled
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Crumble the paneer and keep aside.
2. Combine the paneer, potatoes, 3 tblsp maida, coriander leaves, fenugreek leaves, green chillies, garam masala powder, lemon juice, salt and red chilli powder in a large bowl.
3. Mix well.
4. Add little water to the remaining maida and mix without lumps.
5. Make small balls of the potato-paneer mixture and flatten them lightly.
6. Spread the rusk on a plate.
7. Heat oil in a frying pan.
8. Dip the prepard cutlets in the maida and roll them in the rusk.
9. Add to the hot oil and fry until golden.
10. Remove and drain excess oil.
11. Serve hot with mint chutney or ketchup. Paneer Cutlet,