Chola Puri (Chola Poori) is a very popular dish anytime dish across India. Served as a breakfast item in some places, it is a popular lunch or dinner option too. Typically served with Channa Bhature (Punjabi Chole Masala), it is simple and easy to make.
Maida (Plain Flour) – 1 cup
Milk – 1/4 cup
Curd – 2 tblsp
Cooking Soda – a pinch
Ghee – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying
1. Combine the flour, milk, curd, ghee, salt and cooking soda in a bowl.
2. Pour enough water and mix well to a pliable consistency.
3. Keep aside for 15 to 30 minutes.
4. Pinch small balls of the dough and roll them out into a big poori.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
6. Deep fry the prepared pooris until light golden brown and remove.
7. Drain excess oil and serve hot with chana bhatura (chole bhature).