A modern take on the popular French Fries, these idli fries are a perfect snack for any occasion, can also be served as an appetizer snack before any meal. A great way to use up those leftover idlis.
Idlis – 8 to 10, cooked (leftovers are also good)
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Oil – 150 to 200 ml
Salt as per taste
Onions – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Garlic – 1 tblsp, finely chopped or minced
Tomato Sauce – 100 gms
1. Heat 3 tsp of oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Saute the onions and garlic for a minute or two.
3. Add tomato sauce and mix well.
4. Simmer for a minute or two.
5. Remove and keep aside.
6. Slice the idlis lenghtwise and keep aside.
7. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
8. Fry the idlis until golden brown and remove.
9. Mix salt and red chilli powder.
10. Sprinkle this over the fried idlis.
11. Serve with the prepared sauce.