A healthy and simple sundal recipe for Navratri or Ganesh Chaturthi. Can also be served as a snack.
Chickpeas – 1 cup
Horsegram – 2 tsp
Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
Dry Red Chilli – 1
Kopra (Dried Coconut) – 1 small piece (or fresh coconut)
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
1. Soak the chickpeas overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours.
2. Dry roast the horsegram, dry red chilli and kopra until golden.
3. Then grind them to a fine powder.
4. Pressure cook the chickpeas with little salt until 1 whistle.
5. Drain well.
6. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
7. Fry the mustard seeds for 20 seconds.
8. Add the curry leaves, chickpeas and ground powder.
9. Mix well and sprinkle pepper powder on top.
10. Serve at once.