White kabuli channa (whole bengal gram) – 1 cup
Red chillies – 2
Oil – 1 1/2 tbl sp
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Urad dhal – 1 tsp
Salt – as required
Curry leaves – few
Finely chopped raw mango – 1 tbl sp.
Minced coriander leaves – for garnishing.
Green chillies – 3
Ginger – 1/4 inch piece
Grated fresh coconut – 1 tbl sp
1. Soak channa for 10 to 12 hours in enough water.
2. Wash well, add more fresh water and pressure cook for 20 – 25 minutes.
3. Allow to cool and drain the water completely.
4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan, add mustard, broken red chillies, urad dhal and then cooked channa.
5. Fry for few minutes, add salt, pound mixture and mix well.
6. Garnish with chopped mango, coriander and curry leaves.
7. Squeeze little lemon juice and serve (optional).
Note: Whenever making sundal do not fry it for long time, this makes the outer skin hard.
Channa Sundal Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Channa Sundal from Awesome Cuisine.