A simple and tasty Bengali style dish. Serve as a sidedish to rice, roti or naan.
Potatoes – 250 gms
Onions – 2, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 2, finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Cardamom – 1
Cinnamon – 1
Coriander Seeds – 2 tsp
Dry Red Chillies – 5 to 6
Curd – 3 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Boil the potatoes and peel the skin.
2. Then chop them into bite-sized pieces.
3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
4. Fry the chopped potatoes until golden and crisp.
5. Remove and drain excess oil.
6. Dry roast the cumin seeds, peppercorns, cardamom, cinnamon, red chillies and coriander seeds for a minute.
7. Then grind them to a fine powder.
8. Heat little oil in a pan.
9. Add the ginger-garlic paste, onions, tomatoes, turmeric powder and ground powder.
10. Stir well and saute for a minute.
11. Add the fried potatoes and salt.
12. Add curd and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
13. Remove and serve as a sidedish to roti, naan and rice.