Ghee – 100 gms
Sugar – 125 gms, finely powdered
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Powdered Cardamoms – 4
Flour – 125 gms
Salt – a pinch
Almond Essence – few drops (optional)
Egg White – 1
Pistachios – 20 to 25, chopped, for garnishing
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Beat ghee with a wooden spoon till it is white and fluffy.
3. Add sugar and whip with cold water till it is light and creamy.
4. Add baking powder and cardamom powder.
5. Whip a little longer till fluffy.
6. Add flour, salt and almond essence.
7. With a spoon, make a long sausage like roll.
8. Cut into 1 inch pieces.
9. Place these well apart from each other on a greased tray.
10. Coat the top with egg whites.
11. Sprinkle chopped pistachios.
12. Bake for about 15 minutes or till well risen and set.
13. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
14. Carefully remove it from the tray, without breaking it.
Naan Khatai Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Naan Khatai from Awesome Cuisine.