Paneer Bhurji is a popular, delicious and easy to make breakfast dish across India. Made with crumbled paneer, onions, capsicums and tomatoes, this can also be served as a side dish with rotis, parathas or naans.
Paneer – 100 gms
Onion – 1, medium, finely chopped
Tomato – 1, medium, finely chopped
Capsicum – 1, small, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – 1 tsp, finely chopped
Lemon Juice – 3/4 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/3 tsp
Coriander Powder – 3/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Crumble the paneer and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium flame.
3. Fry the cumin seeds for 20 seconds.
4. Add the onions and saute for a minute.
5. Add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and stir well.
6. Saute for another minute.
7. Add the tomatoes and a pinch of salt.
8. Stir well and cook for a minute.
9. Now add the capsicums and saute for one more minute.
10. Add the crumbled paneer and mix well.
11. Cook for a minute or two.
12. Switch off the flame.
13. Add the lemon juice and stir well.
14. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Tip: If desired, you can also add 1/4 cup of green peas.