Paneer Jamun is a delicious modern twist to the popular Indian dessert – Gulab Jamun. Traditionally jamuns are made with khoya, but this recipe is made with paneer.
Paneer Jamun comes in different shapes and colours. So feel free to add edible colours to suit your taste and preference.
Paneer is a rich source of calcium and most kids love paneer based dishes. If you are short of time and want to make a quick and easy dessert, try this recipe and impress the people at home.
Paneer Jamun Recipe
Ingredients for Paneer Jamun
- 1 cup Readymade Gulab Jamun Mix
- 10 Paneer Cubes crumbled
- 200 ml Ghee
- 200 g Sugar
- little Cardamom Powder
- a pinch Kesari Powder
How to make Paneer Jamun
- Combine the gulab jamun mix, paneer and little water in a bowl.
- Mix well to a thick dough.
- Make small balls of the dough and keep aside.
- Add sugar to a pan and pour enough water to cover it.
- Gently bring this to a boil (about 10 minutes) until it reaches an one string consistency.
- When it starts to thicken, remove and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan over medium flame.
- Fry the prepared balls till light golden brown.
- Remove and drain excess ghee.
- Then add this to the sugar syrup.
- Add cardamom powder and kesari powder.
- Gently mix well and keep it in the fridge for a few hours before serving.