Thinai Maavu (Foxtail Millet Flour) – 1 cup
Palm Jaggery – 1/2 cup
Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
Sukku Podi (Dry Ginger Powder) – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Dry roast the thinai maavu till the raw smell disappears.
2. Remove and cool.
3. Add salt and enough water. Mix well and steam cook.
4. Add the palm jaggery to a pan of water and stir till it dissolves.
5. Then strain and bring to a boil till it starts to thicken.
6. Add the coconut and mix well.
7. Pour this over the thinai maavu and mix.
8. Make small kozhukattais and steam cook for 5 to 10 minutes.