200g all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
50g. dessicated coconut
250g. pineapple pieces
150g sugar (preferrably brown, white sugar is also fine)
250g. plain yogurt
1 tbsp rum or milk instead
Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
2. Sieve the flour and baking powder together. Add the dessicated coconut to it.
3. Beat the egg. Add the sugar, oil, yogurt and rum/milk to it. Cut the pineapple into smaller pieces. Add them to the mixture and stir well.
4. Add the flour mixture and stir until just mixed.
5. Grease the muffin moulds with butter/oil or line them with paper cups. Fill the batter in them and bake in the pre-heated oven on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes.
6. They are done when a skewer/knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Then take out the muffin pan and let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
7. Unmould the muffins and let them cool on a cooling rack.
Dust with powedered sugar, if you like.