Vanilla Choc Chip Muffins are a delightful combination of classic vanilla flavour and the decadent indulgence of chocolate chips. These muffins are a testament to the magic of simple ingredients, creating something comforting.
The base of these muffins is a mixture of flour and baking powder, which ensures a light and airy texture. Add granulated sugar and a few drops of aromatic vanilla essence to sweeten the deal. This infuses the muffins with that wonderful vanilla aroma we all love.
Eggs and oil join the party, creating a moist and tender crumb. The chocolate chips are the show’s star, adding bursts of rich, melty goodness to every bite.
Baking these muffins is a breeze. After mixing the batter until smooth, you’ll fill greased muffin trays halfway with the cake mixture. A quick bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes, and you’re in muffin heaven.
To check doneness, insert a skewer into the centre of a muffin. If it comes out clean, muffins are perfectly baked.
Pro tip: Allow the muffins to cool slightly in the oven after baking. This helps set the texture and keeps them moist.
Vanilla Choc Chip Muffins
- 200 gms Maida (All-Purpose Flour)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 200 gms Sugar
- 5 drops Vanilla Essence
- 3 Eggs (beaten)
- 200 ml Oil
- 100 gms Choco Chips
- Sift together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
- Grind the sugar into a fine powder using a mixer.
- Add oil, beaten eggs, vanilla essence, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the sifted flour and baking powder mixture, gently blending with a wooden spoon.
- Mix in the choco chips.
- Grease muffin trays and fill each cup halfway with the cake mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake for 20 minutes.
- Check for doneness by inserting a skewer into the center; it should come out clean.
- Turn off the oven and let the muffins cool inside for 5-7 minutes.
- Once cooled to room temperature, serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Can I use chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips?
Absolutely! Chocolate chunks will work wonderfully in these muffins, providing larger pockets of chocolatey goodness.
Can I make these muffins without eggs?
Yes, you can substitute eggs with alternatives like applesauce, yogurt, or mashed bananas for an eggless version. Adjust the quantity accordingly.
What are some variations for these muffins?
You can customize these muffins by adding nuts, berries, or even a swirl of peanut butter for extra flavor and texture.
What’s the best way to store these muffins?
Keep your Vanilla Choc Chip Muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for a day or two. For longer storage, refrigerate them, or freeze for up to three months in a freezer-safe bag. Simply reheat in the microwave or oven before enjoying.