Chicken Breast – 1, boneless, sliced
Maida – 2 tblsp
Olive Oil – 3/4 tblsp
Onion – 1, small, minced
Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
Green Peas – 1/2 cup
Red Capsicum – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Green Capsicum – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Basmati Rice – 3/4 cup
Saffron Strands – a pinch
Chicken Stock or Water – 3 cups
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper powder over the chicken.
2. Dredge in flour, ensuring the chicken slices are coated well.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium flame.
4. Fry the chicken slices until golden brown.
5. Remove and keep aside.
6. Add the onions to the pan and saute well.
7. Add garlic, capsicums and saffron strands.
8. Add salt and pepper powder.
9. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes and add rice.
10. Stir to mix well.
11. Add the chicken stock and stir well.
12. Add the chicken pieces and cover with a lid.
13. Cook over low flame until rice is cooked and chicken is tender.
14. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
15. Add the green peas to the rice and cook for 2 more minutes or until peas are cooked.
16. Add salt and pepper.
17. Remove and switch off flame.
18. Transfer the rice to a plate.
19. Place the chicken slices on top and serve hot.
image credit: cookingchanneltv.com
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !