Chicken – 1, small, chopped into bite-sized pieces, washed, dried
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Butter – 2 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Lime Juice – 2 tsp
For the marinade:
Mustard Oil – 1 tblsp
Garlic – 3 cloves
Ginger – 1/4 inch piece
Coriander Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Fennel Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Kalonji – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 2
White Pepper Powder – a pinch
Curry Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
Juice of 1 small Lime
1. Heat mustard oil in a frying pan over medium flame.
2. Add all the marinade ingredients except lime juice.
3. Fry till ginger and garlic turns light golden brown.
4. Remove and grind together with lime juice to a coarse paste.
5. Add the chicken pieces to a large bowl.
6. Add lime juice and mix well with the chicken pieces.
7. Now add the masala paste and mix well until evenly coated.
8. Cover the bowl with a lid and keep it in the fridge for 3 hours.
9. Turn the chicken pieces halfway through.
10. Remove the chicken and keep aside for 20 minutes.
11. Sprinkle salt and place them on a preheated grill.
12. Baste them with melted butter and cook till the chicken pieces are cooked, crisp and golden.
13. Remove and transfer to a plate.
14. Squeeze a bit of lime juice and serve with chutney of choice.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !