Kodubale or Kodbale is a popular Karnataka spicy snack. Made during festival times, it is typically served during tea time with a cup of hot tea. A speciality from Mysore and surrounding regions, it is a crispy and delicious snack.
Ingredients for Kodbale (Kodubale)
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Roasted Gram Flour
- 2 tblsp Semolina (Sooji / Bombay Rava)
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Jeera
- 1 1/2 to 2 tblsp Ghee
- 4 to 6 Kashmiri Red Chillies adjust as per spiciness
- 2 tblsp Coconut grated
- 1/2 tblsp Sugar
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Asafoetida a pinch
How to make Kodbale (Kodubale)
- Mix the rice flour, gram flour, semolina, sesame seeds and salt in a bowl.
- Melt the ghee and gradually add to the mixture.
- Mix well. Add little water if needed.
- Grind the coconut, jeera, red chillies and sugar with little water to make a paste.
- Add this to the flour mixture.
- Add enough water and knead well to a stiff dough.
- Take some dough and roll it using your palms.
- Bring the edges together and join them to make a ring. You can use a little water to seal the ends together.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium flame.
- Fry the rings until golden brown.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Store them in airtight container.
- Serve as a snack.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !