Squid – 500 gms, cleaned, body cut into rings and tentacles left whole
Spring Onions – 1/2 tblsp, chopped
Onion – 1, finely sliced
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Soy Sauce – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tblsp
Curry Leaves – few
Garlic – 2 cloves, crushed
Ginger – 1 tblsp, minced
Coconut Milk – 1/4 cup
Lime Juice – 1 to 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat a small frying pan.
2. Dry roast the cumin seeds, coriander seeds and fennel seeds for a minute.
3. Remove and grind to a fine powder.
4. Mix this with the red chilli powder and transfer to a large bowl.
5. Add the squids, soy sauce and spring onions.
6. Mix until well combined.
7. Heat oil in a heavy pan over medium flame.
8. Saute the onions until lightly browned.
9. Add the ginger, garlic, curry leaves and the squids.
10. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
11. Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
12. Add salt and lemon juice.
13. Mix well and remove to a serving dish.
14. Serve with rice.
Goan-Style Squid Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Goan-Style Squid Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.