Hong Kong Chicken is one of the most delicious chicken recipes cooked as per the techniques of Hong Kong cuisine. This recipe has a perfect blend of mouthwatering flavors as ingredients like ginger garlic paste, cashew nuts, coriander leaves, etc. are used in it.
If we look at the nutrition part, chicken is healthy for our body. Hong Kong Chicken contains zero trans-fat due to its cooking process and ingredients. Therefore, you can grab a piece of Hong Kong Chicken to tease your taste buds anytime you wish for.
However, to relish this delectable dish you need not visit Hong Kong. Follow all the instructions properly so that you can easily make this dish at your home.
Let’s have a look at the ingredients first. To make this dish you need boneless chopped chicken, red chili paste (quantity depends on your taste preferences and ability to handle the hotness of chilies) on your taste, eggs, corn flour, maida, ginger-garlic paste (as required), chopped onion, finely chopped cashew nuts, coriander leaves (finely chopped) and salt as per taste.
Chicken is rich in proteins, vitamins and is also low in fat as compared to other forms of meat. Therefore, you can include this recipe in your diet regularly. Chicken is also an abundant source of calcium and therefore regular chicken eaters do not face any bone issues in old age.
Hong Kong Chicken is a popular dish across the globe and each cuisine has its own contribution in this recipe. However, when you follow this recipe you get to relish the taste of authentic Hong Chicken and that too without taking much effort. Try it today and give a surprise treat to your family and kids!
Hong Kong Chicken
Ingredients for Hong Kong Chicken
- 1 cup Chicken chopped, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup Red Chilli Paste or as required depending on individual taste
- 2 nos Eggs
- 3 tsp Cornflour
- 1/4 cup Maida
- 1/4 cup Ginger Garlic Paste adjust as required
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Cashewnuts finely chopped or crushed
- Salt as per taste
- Few Coriander Leaves finely chopped
How to make Hong Kong Chicken
- Beat the eggs with cornflour, maida and little water.
- Keep aside.
- Sprinkle salt on the chicken and add the egg mixture.
- Mix well and keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Then fry the marinated chicken in hot oil and remove.
- Drain excess oil and keep the chicken pieces warm.
- To the same pan, add a little oil and saute the ginger garlic paste and onions for a minute or two.
- Add the cashewnuts and fry for another minute.
- Add the red chilli paste and simmer for 2 minutes, adding 1/4 cup of water.
- Add the fried chicken pieces and cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the gravy starts to thicken, remove from flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.