- Raw Rice – 2 cups
- Bengal Gram Dal – 1/2 cup, washed
- Toor Dal – 1/2 cup
- Water – 10 to 12 cups
- Jaggery – 5 cups
- Milk – 2 cups
- Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
- Cashewnuts – 20 to 25, broken, fried
- Ghee – 4 to 5 tblsp
- Boil water in a broad pan.
- Add 1 to 2 tblsp ghee and add the bengal gram dal.
- Cook till it is half done and add the toor dal.
- Cook the dal completely till soft and add the rice.
- Cover the pan with a lid and reduce flame to low.
- Cook till the rice is almost done.
- Pour milk, coconut and sugar.
- Mix well and cook until it is thick and creamy.
- Add the fried cashewnuts and cardamom powder.
- Mix well.
- Garnish with the remaining ghee.
- Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !