- Boil the rice in a large pot of lightly salted water for about 35 minutes until tender.
- Tip into a strainer to drain and cool.
- Sauté the onion and capsicum in the olive oil for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are browned and caramelized and the capsicum is very tender.
- Add the vinegar and stir over medium heat until it evaporates.
- Tip onto a plate to cool.
- Grill the chorizo in a non-stick pan until crisp.
- Remove and lightly fry the spring onions and garlic in the chorizo oil.
- When all the ingredients are cool, stir them through the rice.
- Mix in the fresh herbs and dressing.