- Brown Rice – 1 1/2 cups
- Onions – 2, large, sliced
- Red Capsicum – 1, thinly sliced
- Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
- Balsamic Vinegar – 2 tblsp
- Chorizo Sausage – 1, sliced
- Spring Onions – 3, sliced
- Garlic – 1, large clove, chopped
- Fresh Herbs – 3 tblsp, finely chopped
- Vinaigrette – 3/4 cup
- Boil the rice in a large pot of lightly salted water for about 35 minutes until tender.
- Tip into a strainer to drain and cool.
- Sauté the onion and capsicum in the olive oil for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are browned and caramelized and the capsicum is very tender.
- Add the vinegar and stir over medium heat until it evaporates.
- Tip onto a plate to cool.
- Grill the chorizo in a non-stick pan until crisp.
- Remove and lightly fry the spring onions and garlic in the chorizo oil.
- When all the ingredients are cool, stir them through the rice.
- Mix in the fresh herbs and dressing.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !