Water – 1 litre
Eggs – 6
Oil – 2 cups
Coriander Leaves to garnish
Small Onions – 1/2 cup, fried in 1/4 cup oil
For the Dressing:
Tamarind Extract – 100 ml
Fish Sauce – 2 tblsp
Sugar – 100 gms
1. Combine the tamarind dressing ingredients in a pan.
2. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes until it begins to thicken and the sugar has dissolved.
3. Keep aside.
4. Bring the water to a boil and add the eggs.
5. Boil for 5 minutes and remove the eggs.
6. Put the eggs in cold water and once cool, peel off the shells.
7. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
8. Deep fry the eggs until golden brown or for about 4 minutes.
9. Drain and keep aside.
10. Slice the eggs in half.
11. Pour the tamarind sauce over it.
12. Garnish with fried onions and coriander leaves.