- Beef Eye Fillet – 1, about 600 gms
- Garlic Cloves – 2, crushed
- Olive Oil
- Ground Black Pepper
- Mixed Salad Leaves – 150 gms
- Pancetta – 3 thin slices, cut into small strips
- Pine Nuts – 1/4 cup
- Balsamic Vinegar – 2 tblsp
- Marmalade – 1 tblsp
- Ripe Brie – 1 wheel, thickly sliced
- Trim the eye fillet and rub all over with crushed garlic and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy frying pan to very hot.
- Add the meat and roll it to sear on all sides.
- Ensure the meat remains very rare in the centre.
- Remove from the pan and set aside to cool for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Arrange the salad leaves on a platter.
- Reheat the pan and add 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- Fry the pancetta and nuts, scraping the bottom of the pan to incorporate any residue from the meat.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and marmalade. Mix well.
- Slice the beef thinly and drape over the salad leaves.
- Spoon on the pancetta, nuts and dressing from the pan.
- Place the slices of brie over the top.