- Green Bell Peppers – 2
- Red Bell Peppers – 2
- Yellow Bell Peppers – 2
- Greek Olives to garnish
For the Dressing:
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 5 tblsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves, crushed
- Pinch of Sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the broiler.
- Broil the bell peppers, turning frequently, until the skins are charred all over.
- Put the bell peppers in a bowl, cover with a damp dish towel, and let it stand until cold.
- When the bell peppers are cold, hold them over a clean bowl to collect the juices and peel off the skin.
- Remove the stem, core and seeds.
- Cut the flesh into thin strips.
- Arrange the strips on a flat serving plate.
- Dry roast the cumin seeds in a dry pan until they turn brown and begin to pop.
- Shake the skillet continuously to prevent them from burning and do not allow them to smoke.
- Lightly crush the toasted seeds.
- To make the dressing, add the toasted cumin seeds, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper to the bell pepper juices and whisk together.
- Pour the dressing over the bell peppers.
- Chill in the fridge for 4 hours.
- Garnish with olives.
- Serve at room temperature.