Parboiled Rice – 1 cup
Toor Dal – 1/3 cup
Chana Dal – 1/3 cup
Urad Dal – 1/3 cup
Onion – 2, chopped
Dry Red Chillies – 4
Ginger – 1 one inch piece, finely chopped
Curry Leaves – few
Oil – 1/4 cup
Salt as per taste
1. Combine the 3 dals and rice together.
2. Soak them for a few hours.
3. Drain the water and grind with dry red chillies to a coarse batter.
4. Add ginger, curry leaves, onion to the batter and mix well.
5. Add salt and mix again.
6. Heat a tawa over moderate flame.
7. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread to a thick round.
8. Add oil around the edges and cook till done.
9. Cook on both sides till crisp and golden.
10. Remove and serve hot with chutney of choice.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !