Onions – 2, peeled, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
Carrots – 4, peeled, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
Celery – 4 stalks, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
Olive Oil – 1/2 cup
Garlic – 4 cloves, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 1 1/2 kg, pureed (canned tomatoes preferred)
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Dried Italian Seasoning – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as required
1. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium flame.
2. Cook the onions, celery and carrots for 10 to 15 minutes or until soft.
3. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two.
4. Add the tomatoes, sugar and Italian seasoning.
5. Now add salt and pepper.
6. Bring to a boil and reduce flame.
7. Simmer for about 25 to 40 minues until saucy.
8. Remove and adjust seasoning if required.
9. This can be stored in a fridge for a few weeks or can be frozen as well.
Marinara Sauce Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Marinara Sauce Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.