Onions – 2, peeled, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
Carrots – 4, peeled, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
Celery – 4 stalks, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
Olive Oil – 1/2 cup
Garlic – 4 cloves, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 1 1/2 kg, pureed (canned tomatoes preferred)
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Dried Italian Seasoning – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as required
1. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium flame.
2. Cook the onions, celery and carrots for 10 to 15 minutes or until soft.
3. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two.
4. Add the tomatoes, sugar and Italian seasoning.
5. Now add salt and pepper.
6. Bring to a boil and reduce flame.
7. Simmer for about 25 to 40 minues until saucy.
8. Remove and adjust seasoning if required.
9. This can be stored in a fridge for a few weeks or can be frozen as well.
Marinara Sauce Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
- A Teenager’s Nutritional Needs When a kid is making their way into the league of teens along with attaining a sense of liberty he or she will grow...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Marinara Sauce Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.