King Fish Steaks – 125 gms
Mackerel Fillets – 1, skinned
Cod Steaks – 125 gms
Black Pepper Powder – 1/8 tsp
White Wine Vinegar – 1/2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Cumin Powder – 1/8 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/8 tsp
Tomato – 200 gms, blanched, peeled, sliced
Basil Leaves – 1/2 tblsp, chopped
Green Capsicum – 1, small, white pith removed, seeded, cut into strips
Red Capsicum – 1, small, white pith removed, seeded, cut into strips
Garliic – 1 clove, crushed
Olive Oil – 2 tblsp or more
Onions – 3, finely chopped
1. Heat oil in a pan over moderate flame.
2. Add the onions and garlic.
3. Cook till the onions are soft and translucent.
4. Add the capsicums, basil, tomatoes, chilli powder and cumin powder.
5. Cover with a lid and reduce heat to low.
6. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour or till it has a thick sauce consistency.
7. Transfer to a large casserole dish.
8. Add the fish, salt and pepper.
9. Mix well.
10. Place the casserole in a preheated oven at 170C/350F and bake for 15 to 25 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
11. Remove and add the vinegar.
12. Serve at once.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and may not be that of the actual recipe.
Image credit: wizard recipes