Boneless fillets from Lamb Leg – 250 gms (Pasanda), washed, cut into thin strips
Onion – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 1, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 half inch piece, finely diced
Dried Red Chilli – 1, small, shredded
Hung Curd – 1 tblsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tblsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 1/2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. In a small bowl, combine the hung curd, ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder.
2. Marinate the lamb strips in this mixture.
3. Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
4. As soon as it starts smoking, reduce heat and saute the onions till brown.
5. Add the lamb strips with the marinade and stir-fry for a few minutes.
6. Mash the meat while it is cooking.
7. Add green chillies, ginger and dried red chillies.
8. Reduce heat and cover with a lid.
9. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, sprinkling a little water if required.
10. Remove when done.
11. Serve hot with chapati or paratha.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.