Chicken – 2 1/4 kg, cut into joints, skin removed
Ghee – 50 gms
Juice of 1 Lemon
Water – 150 ml
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cardamom Pods – 2, crushed
Spaghetti Pasta – 450 gms
Oil – 3 tblsp
Cinnamon – 1 tsp
Tomato – 1, blanched, peeled, sliced
Capsicum – 1, seeded and cut into rings
For the Sauce:
Dried Apricots – 225 gms, soaked overnight
Sugar – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tblsp
Rosewater – 1 tblsp
1. Melt the ghee in a large pan.
2. Add the lemon juice, water, turmeric, salt and pepper.
3. Stir well.
4. Bring to a boil.
5. Add the chicken pieces and cardamom pods.
6. Cover the pan, lower the heat and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
7. Remove from heat and keep aside to cool.
8. Remove the chicken pieces and cut the flesh from the bones.
9. Reserve the stock.
10. Cut the chicken pieces into smaller pieces.
11. Bring a large pan half filled with lightly salted water to a boil.
12. Add the pasta and boil for 7 to 8 minutes.
13. Strain and heat oil in a large casserole dish.
14. Add the pasta and fry for 3 minutes, stirring and turning with a fork.
15. Remove and reserve half the pasta.
16. Spread the remaining pasta over the bottom and arrange the chicken pieces over the top.
17. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and cover with the remaining pasta.
18. Top with the tomato and capsicum.
19. Pour in the reserved chicken stock.
20. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C/350F for 30 to 40 minutes.
21. To make the apricot sauce, place the soaked apricots in a pan.
22. Add the sugar and lemon juice.
23. Reduce the mixture to a puree in a blender.
24. Just before serving stir in the rosewater.
25. Pour a little of the sauce over each serving of the chicken and pasta.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !