Duck Breasts – 200 gms, skin removed
Sesame Oil – 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp, ground
Pineapple Chunks – 250 gms, canned in juice
Root Ginger – 2 slices
Tamari Sauce – 1 tblsp
Cornflour – 1 tsp, mixed with 2 tblsp water
1. Rub the duck breasts with sesame oil and ground black pepper.
2. Keep aside.
3. Heat a pan over high heat.
4. Add the duck breasts and cook for 2 minutes on each side for medium done.
5. Remove and blot any excess oil with kitchen paper.
6. Pour the pineapple chunks with the juice into a pan.
7. Add the sliced ginger and cook over a medium heat for 4 minutes.
8. Add the tamari sauce.
9. Bring to a boil.
10. Add the cornflour paste, a little at a time.
11. Slice the duck breasts.
12. Pour the sauce on a serving plate and arrange the sliced duck on top.
13. Serve with rice.