Crabmeat – 500 gms, finely chopped
Bread Slices – 4, crusts removed and crumbled
Butter – 1 tblsp
Flour – 1 tblsp
Green Capsicum – 1/2, minced
Green Chilli – 1, chopped
Spring Onion 1, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp
Eggs – 2, beaten
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying
1. Mix the crabmeat with the breadcrumbs and keep aside.
2. Melt butter in a pan.
3. Add the flour.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the milk.
5. Return the pan to a moderate heat.
6. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
7. Add this to the crabmeat.
8. Add the spring onions, chillies and coriander leaves.
9. Add salt and let it cool completely.
10. Take spoonfuls of this mixture and shape into small balls.
11. Coat with the beaten egg and then with the dry breadcrumbs.
12. Fry the balls in hot oil till golden brown.
13. Remove and drain. Sprinkle a little salt on top.
14. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or chutney of choice.