Potatoes – 750 gms, large, peeled and washed
Plain Flour – 2 cups
Baking Powder – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Pepper as per taste
Water – 1 3/4 to 2 cups
Oil for deep frying
1. Cut the potatoes into thin slices and keep aside to dry.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
3. Add salt and pepper.
4. Gradually add the water till the batter becomes fairly thick.
5. Beat till the batter is smooth with no lumps.
6. Gently coat the potato slices with a little flour.
7. Dip each slice into the batter till well-coated.
8. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over moderate heat.
9. Deep fry the slices till light golden.
10. Remove and drain.
11. Increase the heat to high and refry the potato slices till it becomes golden.
12. Drain again and sprinkle with salt.
13. Serve hot with tomato sauce.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !