Olive Oil – 1 tblsp
Onion – 1, chopped
Mixed Beans – 400 gms, drained and rinsed
Dried Oregano – 1 tsp
Tomatoes – 400 gms, chopped
Tomato Puree – 1 tblsp
Cumin – 1 tsp, ground
Tabasco Sauce – few drops, optional
Salt as per taste
Soft Flour Tortillas – 4
Mature Cheddar Cheese – 50 gms
Readymade Guacamole (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the onion and cook until the onion is softened and slightly golden.
3. Add the oregano, tomatoes, tomato puee, and cumin.
4. Add the drained beans.
5. Stir and bring to the boil.
6. When it starts bubbling, reduce the heat to low.
7. Half cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Stir the beans occasionally to prevent them from sticking.
9. Add salt and pepper along with a few drops of Tabasco if using.
10. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
11. Warm the tortilla in a microwave.
12. Place each one on a plate and top with the bean mixture.
13. Sprinkle with Cheddar and top with a dollop of guacamole.
14. Fold in one end of the tortilla and then carefully fold over one side.
15. Gently roll the tortilla over to make a tight and secure burrito.