Oil – 3 to 4 tsp
Dry Red Chillies – 5 to 6
Mustard Seeds – 2 tsp
1. Boil the tomatoes in a pan with 5 to 6 cups of water, green chillies, curry leaves, salt and half the dry roasted onions.
2. Lower heat.
3. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Add dry roasted garlic, cumin powder, ground coconut, turmeric powder and spinach to the pan.
5. Boil for a few minutes till water has almost evaporated.
6. Heat oil and fry the rest of the onions, red chillies and mustard till brown.
7. Pour over the tomatoes and cover with a lid.
8. Serve hot with rice or roti.