Moong Dal – 1 cup, dry roasted
Water – 2 cups
Rice Rava – 2 cups (coarsely ground rice like rava)
Salt as per taste
Oil – 3/4 cup
Cashewnuts – 10 to 12
Black Pepper – 1 tsp
Juice of 1 Lime (optional)
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Dry Red Chillies – 3
Curry Leaves – 5
Asafoetida – a pinch
1. Boil the dal in water.
2. Drain well and mash.
3. Dry roast the rice rava and add it to the moong dal with salt and 4 cups of water.
4. Cook together on low heat till grainy and water fully absorbed.
5. Heat oil in a pan.
6. Fry the seasoning ingredients.
7. Add cashewnuts and pepper. Fry well.
8. Remove from heat and stir it into the rice rava mixture.
9. Mix well and sprinkle lime juce on top.
10. Serve hot.
Latest Food Blogs
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
- A Teenager’s Nutritional Needs When a kid is making their way into the league of teens along with attaining a sense of liberty he or she will grow...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Pongali Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.