Moong Dal – 1 cup, dry roasted
Water – 2 cups
Rice Rava – 2 cups (coarsely ground rice like rava)
Salt as per taste
Oil – 3/4 cup
Cashewnuts – 10 to 12
Black Pepper – 1 tsp
Juice of 1 Lime (optional)
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Dry Red Chillies – 3
Curry Leaves – 5
Asafoetida – a pinch
1. Boil the dal in water.
2. Drain well and mash.
3. Dry roast the rice rava and add it to the moong dal with salt and 4 cups of water.
4. Cook together on low heat till grainy and water fully absorbed.
5. Heat oil in a pan.
6. Fry the seasoning ingredients.
7. Add cashewnuts and pepper. Fry well.
8. Remove from heat and stir it into the rice rava mixture.
9. Mix well and sprinkle lime juce on top.
10. Serve hot.
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Pongali from Awesome Cuisine.