Sweet Papaya – 2 cups, peeled and cut into small pieces
Apple – 1, peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
Chikku – 3 to 4, peeled and seeds removed
Sugar – 1/2 cup or as per taste
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 1 cup
Almonds to garnish
1. Heat 2 cups of water in a thick bottomed pan.
2. Add all the fruit pieces.
3. Cook on medium heat, mashing with the back of a wooden spoon so that the fruit pieces become pulpy.
4. Add sugar and cook on low fire, stirring from time to time so that the sugar melts.
5. Add the cardamom powder and mix gently.
6. Add the ghee a little at a time and keep stirring.
7. Use up all the ghee and when the halwa has started to give out a fine aroma and the ghee floats on top put off the heat.
8. Garnish with almonds.
9. Serve hot or cold.