Chicken – 1, skinned, cut
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Peppercorns – 10
Cardamom – One 3 cm piece
Cinnamon – One 3 cm piece
Cloves – 5
Nutmeg – 1/4 tsp, coarsely ground
Aniseeds – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Poppy Seeds – 1 tsp
Onions – 3, large, sliced
Coconut – 1/2, grated
Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Tamarind Juice – 1 cup
Vinegar – 1 tsp
Oil – 150 ml
Salt as per taste
1. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan.
2. Fry cumin seeds, peppercorns, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, aniseeds and ginger and fenugreek seeds.
3. Fry till brown and grind to a fine paste.
4. Fry 1 sliced onion in a little oil then add half the coconut with poppy seeds. Fry and reserve.
5. Grind to a fine paste.
6. Extract the milk from the other half of the coconut to get one cup of thick milk and the rest thin milk.
7. Heat 3 tsp oil and fry 2 sliced onions till brown.
8. Add chicken pieces and the ground masalas. Fry.
9. Add chilli, coriander and turmeric powders.
10. Add tamarind juice and the thin coconut milk to the chicken.
11. Stir well and add salt and pressure cook till the chicken is tender. Remove.
12. Add vinegar and thick coconut milk.
13. Simmer for 10 minutes.
14. Serve hot with rice.
Chicken Xacuti Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
- A Teenager’s Nutritional Needs When a kid is making their way into the league of teens along with attaining a sense of liberty he or she will grow...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Chicken Xacuti Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.