Small Baby Potatoes – 500 gms
Oil – 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – few or as per taste, chopped
Salt as per taste
For the Paste:
Poppy Seeds – 4 tblsp
Melon Seeds – 3 tblsp
Sesame Seeds – 2 1/2 tsp
1. Soak the poppy seeds, melon seeds and sesame seeds for 10 minutes.
2. Drain out all the water and grind into a wet paste.
3. Boil the potatoes in salted water till just half tender.
4. Peel the potatoes.
5. Sprinkle salt and keep aside for 10 minutes.
6. Heat half the quantity of the oil and stir-fry the potatoes stirring gently once or twice.
7. Once the potatoes begin to change colour add the spices and the wet paste.
8. Very gently stir and mix.
9. Add 2-3 tbsp of water and allow the potatoes to cook on low fire.
10. Stir only gently once or twice till the potatoes are tender.
11. Serve as a snack.