Mutton – 1 kg
Spinach – 1 kg, cut into small pieces
Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 tsp
Onions – 1 cup, browned
Jeera Powder – 1 tsp, roasted
Coriander Powder – 2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 3 tblsp
Eggs – 4, beaten
Salt to taste
1. Cook the spinach in a cooker till soft and mushy.
2. Allow to cool and then grind it in a mixie to a smooth paste.
3. Add the mutton pieces to a hot kadhai and cook on medium heat till all the water from mutton is evaporated.
4. Add the salt and mix gently.
5. Mix in the onion and ginger garlic paste.
6. Stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
7. Mix in the spinach puree and the spices.
8. Cook on low fire stirring from time to time.
9. Cook and stir for at least 15 minutes.
10. Add 2 cups of water and cook the meat in a pressure cooker till tender.
11. Wait for the steam to dissipate and open the lid.
12. Mix in the beaten eggs and cook for a minute more.
13. Serve at once with the mutton coated with egg on top.
14. Serve with rotis or parathas.