Badusha is a very popular sweet in South India and often made during special occasions like Weddings or during Festivals like Diwali.
Maida – 2 cups
Butter – 3/4 cup
Cooking Soda – 1 tsp
Sugar – 3 1/2 cups
Oil for frying
1. Mix the cooking soda and butter in a bowl.
2. Beat well until fluffy and frothy, without adding water.
3. Add the maida and mix well.
4. Make small balls and flatten them to a badusha shape.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan.
6. In a separate pan, add sugar to a pan of water.
7. Bring to a boil and simmer until it reaches a one-string consistency. Remove from flame.
8. Fry the prepared badushas in hot oil and drop them in the sugar syrup.
9. Remove and cool.
10. When the sugar coating has hardened, remove and store in an airtight container.
11. Serve as a dessert.