Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tblsp
Water – 1/2 cup
1. Sift the flour with the salt into a large plate.
2. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add 1 tblsp of oil. Mix well.
3. Add the water, little at a time, mixing the flour and water.
4. Knead to make a soft, pliable dough.
5. Cover the dough and set aside to rest for 2 hours or until ready to roll out the rotis.
6. Divide the dough into 10 portions and make each into a smooth, round ball.
7. Sprinkle some flour on a rolling board and roll it into a 5 inch round roti.
8. Smear 1/2 tsp of oil evenly over the roti.
9. Heat a tawa over moderate heat and place a roti on it.
10. When small bubbles appear on the surface, turn it over and cook the other side.
11. Turn it once more and press down so that the heat is distributed evenly and the base gets cooked.
12. Cook each roti in the same same way.
13. Serve hot with side dish of choice.