Sponge Cake – 1/2
For the Mango Mousse Topping:
Papaya – 1/2 cup, pureed
Ice Cubes – 8 to 10
Skimmed Milk Powder – 1 tbsp
Gelatine – 6 tsp, dissolved in hot water
Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
Mango Essence- a few drops
Artificial Sweetener – to taste
Orange or Yellow Food Colour – optional
1. For the topping, freeze the papaya puree in ice cube trays.
2. When frozen, crush these cubes and the plain ice cubes in a blender for a few minutes.
3. Dissolve the skimmed milk powder in a little water and add to the above mixture.
4. Blend for a minute.
5. Add gelatine, lemon juice, mango essence, artificial sweetener and orange or yellow food colour.
6. Blend till thick and creamy.
7. Freeze till ready to use.
8. Fold a sheet of greased butter paper into a long strip, and arrange it like a collar around the cake, adding more height.
9. Secure it with a pin.
10. Fill the collar with the mixture.
11. Chill until firm. Remove the collar and serve frozen, if desired.