Stuffed Chicken Breasts in a Thick Curry
Chicken Breasts – 8
For the Filling:
Chicken – 1 cup, minced
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Coconut – 2 tsp, fresh, grated
Oil for frying
For the Curry:
Oil – 4 tsp
Cumin Seeds – a pinch
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Salt to Taste
Red chilli Powder – 1/3 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Yogurt – 3 1/2 tbsp, whisked
Tomato Puree – 3 1/2 tbsp
Brown Onion Paste – 3 1/2 tbsp
Water – 1 cup
Tomato – 1, diced
Green Peppercorns – 3/4 tsp
1. Clean and wash the chicken breasts.
2. Make deep incisions near the bone of the chicken breasts.
3. Keep aside.
4. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan.
5. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves and saute foe a few seconds.
6. Add the mince and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes.
7. Add salt, red chilli powder, garam masala and grated coconut.
8. Stir cook for a few minutes.
9. Remove from heat and keep aside to cool.
10. Stuff the chicken breasts with the prepared mixture.
11. Heat oil in a pan.
12. Add 2 chicken breasts at a time and saute till golden brown on both sides.
13. Remove ad keep aside.
14. For the curry, heat oil in a pan, add cumin and saute for a few seconds.
15. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 1 minute.
16. Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder.
17. Cook for another minute.
18. Stir in the yogurt and tomato puree.
19. Stir fry on medium heat.
20. Add the brown onion paste and cook till the oil leaves the sides of the pan.
21. Add water and bring to a boil.
22. Simmer and cook till the curry reduces to three fourths of the original quantity.
23. Add the chicken pieces to the curry and allow to cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
24. Remove from heat.
25. Carefully lift the chicken pieces from the curry and place on a serving platter.
26. Garnish with tomato dices and green peppercorns.
27. Pour the curry on top and serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !