Grind to a Paste:
Garlic Cloves – 6
Green Chillies – 3
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Green Coriander – 2 tbsp, chopped
Water – 1/4 cup
Salt to Taste
Sugar – 2 tbsp
1. Boil the tomatoes for a minute.
2. Drain and keep aside to cool. Then peel and chop.
3. Heat the oil in a pan.
4. Add the onion and saute till golden brown.
5. Remove and drain the excess oil.
6. Add the green chilli paste and saute for a minute or so.
7. Add the potatoes and water.
8. Cook covered on low heat for 5 minutes.
9. Add the chopped tomatoes and salt.
10. Continue to cook for 10 more minutes.
11. Add the sugar and cook covered till the potatoes turn soft.