Shrimps – 250 gms, cleaned, washed, drained
Tomatoes – 2, large, quartered + 200 gms, diced
Pasta – 150 to 200 gms, cooked as per packet instructions
Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
Basil Leaves – 2 tblsp, chopped
Rice Flour – 1 tblsp
Red Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
1. Place the quartered tomatoes in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
2. Bake in a preheated oven at 350F/175C for 30 minutes.
3. Heat 1 tblsp olive oil in a frying pan.
4. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
5. Add the baked tomatoes and diced tomatoes.
6. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken. Remove and keep aside.
7. Mix the shrimps with flour and red chilli flakes in a bowl.
8. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan.
9. Add the shrimps and cook for a minute or two.
10. Add the tomato sauce and cooked shrimps to the pasta.
11. Mix well.
12. Add salt and black pepper powder.
13. Garnish with basil leaves.
Image credit: theperfectpantry.com