Chicken – 1, cut into 4 pieces
Salt – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp
Butter for basting
For the Marinade:
Thick Yogurt – 1/2 cup, beaten
Cream – 1/2 cup
Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Ginger Paste – 2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Tandoori Red/Yellow Food Colour – 1/4 tsp
1. Clean the chicken pieces and make 3 to 4 deep incisions on each.
2. Rub salt, red chilli powder and lemon juice into the chicken and keep aside.
3. Put all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
4. Add the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for about 4 hours.
5. Oil the rotisserie rods and skewer the chicken.
6. Roast in a preheated oven at 180C/350F for 10 minutes.
7. Remove the rods and stand them in an upright position for 5 minutes to drip.
8. Baste the chicken with butter and roast again for 3 to 4 minutes or until the chicken is completely tender on the inside and crips and golden on the outside.
9. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with onion rings and lemon slices.
10. Serve with rotis.
Rotisserie is a style of roasting where meat is skewered on a spit – a long solid rod used to hold food while it is being cooked over a fire in a fireplace or over a campfire, or roasted in an oven.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !